CATERING SALES MANAGER
We are currently seeking an exuberant Catering Sales Manager to join the team at our client in Manhattan, New York. Our ideal candidate is an events pro and a natural salesperson who brings it all to life for our clients. The Sales Manager will develop creative ways to maximize profit, achieve set revenue goals, and support the NYC market’s financial, business, and marketing objectives for meetings and corporate events. In addition, the ideal candidate will be responsible for developing existing business and soliciting new businesses. Other essential duties include selling, contracting, planning, and servicing these fantastic clients and events.
- Passionate about hospitality and food & beverage with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in catering sales.
- Conduct sales visits and maintain good working relationships with clients, including meeting planners, corporate events team, and third-party planners
- Prepare proposals, presentations, and prospect communication as required
- Maintain prospect database of contacts and sales activity
- Work closely with the operations and culinary team
- Communicate with customers, make outbound calls to potential customers, and follow up on leads
- Research and qualify new leads
- Keep up with menu options and services; continuously upsell services
- Ability to listen to clients, understand their needs, and communicate effectively both with the client and within the organization
BENEFITS FOR YOU
- Competitive compensation
- Sales commission program
- 401K matching program
- Company-sponsored medical plans including health insurance, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field
- Hospitality Business program preferred
- Must have 2+ years of experience in hospitality or catering
- Related job experience includes Sales Associate, Catering Sales Coordinator
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Ability to build and foster relationships with individuals at all levels
- Ability to understand financials and consistently meet financial quotas
- Proficient computer skills
- Flexible and willing to work a flexible schedule, including days, evenings, weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
HOW TO APPLY
HMG+ asks that along with your resume, please attach a cover letter.
Please note, only applicants with a full cover letter and resume will be considered. Any spelling or grammatical errors will immediately remove your application from consideration.